Latest News

Altidore Hungry For More Hull City Victories

Monday, August 24, 2009 , Posted by Admin at 8:07 PM

Hull City striker Jozy Altidore, who came on as a substitute in the weekend's 1-0 victory over Bolton Wanderers at the KC Stadium, is buzzing after making his Premier League debut, and is keen to make more telling contributions to Tigers victories over the course of the coming campaign.

"To come to a club where they feel that I can help is great for me, so I just want to find my feet as soon as possible," the player on a season-long loan from Villarreal told City's official website.

"I'm hungry for more and I just want to try and improve. I felt as though my sharpness wasn't there on Saturday and my first touch could have been better. Those things will come, but we won the game and that is all that matters.

"The fans were great. I didn't know what to expect and there were a few nerves there. But as soon as I stepped onto the field they made me feel welcome."

The American also hailed the performance of fellow forward Kamel Ghilas, whose strike settled the issue at the KC Stadium on Saturday.

"I thought Kamel was incredible during the game," he added.

"He was buzzing around, full of energy and that type of player makes a difference from minute one. Having him was incredible for us and he did really well."

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment